We have now purchased a Maynuo M9812 Programmable LED DC Electronic Load rated at 0-150V 0-30A 300W.
We had planned to buy a DC load for to use for testing battery drain, battery controllers and for our new solar data logger system which is slowly progressing. We looked at a very similar DC load from B&K Precision, model 8500 but this was over £1100 from UK suppliers compared to the cost of the Maynuo M9812 unit which was £304 plus import costs of £80.
After looking at the specifications and online reviews and video teardowns of both units we decided to order the cheaper model.
There is an optional TTL-USB isolated adapter available for around £80 but we have designed our own to fit into a DB9 plug on the back of the unit which will give us a USB com port to allow us to the control and logging software which Maynuo provide as shown below:
Click to expand
The DC load has a very useful function for battery testing which allows us to set a preset current draw and the load will consume this until the battery voltage drops to a preset level.
DC Load Features
- Six high speed operation modes: CC,CR,CV,CW,CC+CV,CR+CV
- Over current, over voltage, over power, over heating and polarity reversal protection
- High-luminance vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) screen with two line, four channel display
- Intelligent fan system will automatically activate based on changing ambient temperatures
- Soft-start time setting, activating the power supply in accordance with the set voltage value
- Battery test and short-circuit test functions
- Capable of rising edge and falling edge dynamic testing
- Supporting external triggeron either input or output
- External current waveform monitor terminal output terminal
- Supports remote voltage compensation and multi-data storage
- Power-on-self-test, software calibration and standard rack mountable
- LED mode for LED power driver test, steaday reading, compatable with simulating the capacitances sensitive driver
- Edits arbitrary waveforms in list function
- Available with RS232/RS485/USB serial interfaces.
Manufacturers web page: http://www.maynuo.com/english/pro.asp?tid=98
Ebay seller: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/picarduino
Front Panel with case removed